The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New tires and brakes!

GSX_TC

Lol that's not true, everything JDM on my car is not put there just because. I chose certain pieces because I think they go better with the car as opposed to the USDM stuff. There's a reason I don't have the JDM rear bumper, becase I don't like the way it looks, it looks like if someone hit the VR4's ass. Lots of Those Japanese parts just look way better in my eyes man.

I would like to get the JDM rear windshield so I can have a rear wiper like my 1g's have though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

I really don't feel the need to have those since they look the same and add a bit more weight anyways, not to mention how my mirrors can already fold if I wanted them to, but I never really fold them unless I park all 3 cars ridiculously close together.

GSX_TC

Yeah I don't know what the hell I was thinking. If I had alot of extra money laying around and if they were cheap enough and if they were already black i might consider picking up a set.

Last edited:

raptorWagon

503 looks good on those tires, I'm running 175/70/13s on my wagon and coupe. Need to find some 14" tires for the wagon.

turbofonz

Blah and I think my tires look porky when I got my 195/65 Winter forces on.

PS - I want GGSX wheels.

turbowop

Quoting GSX_TC:

And the reason I like the JDM headlights is mainly for their aggressive look, I've always wanted a set and think they look alot meaner than the Usdm ones.

They don't look any more aggressive than the USDM headlights. Due to the diffusers in the glass, you can hardly tell any difference. The USDM lights actually put out more light, but I guess since you're only into looks, since you obviously don't do anything performance oriented, that's all you're into, even though the JDM lights do nothing for aesthetics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

I'm sorry man but you have got to be retarded if u think there's Hardly any difference (appearance wise) between the two, and your def smoking crack if u think i don't do anything performance oriented but that's ok, you don't know me or what I plan to do so I'll let your ignorance take that hit.

Last edited:

Barnes

He meant hardly any difference in light output, which he is probably correct. Damn GSX_TC, you ever here the line "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt ." ?

Aesthetically which is better, JDM, stock, or '93 headlights is purely subjective. So there is no right answer. However, the general consensus is that the '93 headlights have superior light output. Considering light output is paramount to you not driving off the road and dying, I can understand how it would be frowned upon to chose worse headlights because you feel they look cool.

And for the love of everything that is good in the world, please stop writing posts like you are a 15 year old girl sending text messages to her BFF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

cheekychimp

I think the comment regarding aiming is valid though. I have 93 headlights and they look cool but I doubt they are really adjusted properly to be honest. It isn't such an issue over here because a) I never need full beams and b) most roads are dual carriageways so I am rarely going to be firing light straight into the eyes of oncoming drivers.

Needs to be addressed though!

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting GSX_TC:
Quoting Alpha Male:
93 headlights > JDM

JDM headlights are a waste of a mod.

Lol yeah right

prove me wrong.

Quoting EgonOlsen:
Quoting Alpha Male:
93 headlights > JDM

JDM headlights are a waste of a mod.

Bugger I have limited number of mods im allowed to make?
Wish someone had told me that earlier.

Im going EDM headlights, just to be different(or because the US ones aint legal here)

who said allowed? you can waste your time all day if you like, i dont care. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

desant78

^please start a thread in the newbie section claiming this authority...and see IF any newbs ask for approval on mods...

Rausch

What the hell is going on in here?

Jebesus.

ANYWAYS: Nice monster truck Tires Wop! (I keed, a little)

It's such an odd feeling going to snows, especially with more sidewall. Last time I switched to snows, the car felt SOOOOO squirmy I though for sure I'd kill myself. That passed, and when I switched back it was like: "OMG this thing is ON RAILS!!!!!!!11!"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WaRrIoRs16

Quoting Barnes:
While you are there, please inspect your brake lines. 2 years ago I was going over Hwy-12 right before xmas to visit my folks. There was a pretty serious snow storm rolling through so the roads were wrecked. (aka, awesome fun in the GVR-4) but on the way down the pass towards Packwood I lost BOTH rear brake lines at the same time. It was a tense the rest of the way to parents house. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

I second this, I lost my rear passenger on a lunch run from school. It was not fun getting a ride from North Richland to East Pasco twice after not getting the correct part from Orielly's the first time....

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Those tires are awesome. I have a set on my beater 89 toyota camry. I could not believe how good they performed in snow, ice, rain.
Since I don't really drive the car a lot I left on year round and so far I've put about 7k miles on them and they so no signs of wear once so ever.

And 93 headlights > JDM headlights in looks and light output.

Last edited:

turbowop

Sorry, car is still on jackstands awaiting new rear calipers before I can put it all back together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cheekychimp

Yeah, I just realized from your other thread that you were having issues there. Don't worry, just post up when you git er dun!

raptorWagon

Quoting turbowop:
Sorry, car is still on jackstands awaiting new rear calipers before I can put it all back together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'd give you mine, but i kinda sorta still need them at least to get the car on the trailer, man.

JB

got the same tires on my MS3, performed awesome all winter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned