The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New shoes for 332/1k NEW PICS!

turbofoxlx

Got some new wheels for G-ride! I should have them on before the end of the week, still waiting on some things like lug nuts, hub centric rings, and a light massage for the front fenders /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Let me know what you guys think!

Drag dr-31
17x8 35mm offset
Hankook ventus v12 evo k11o 235/45/17

Last edited:

thecman02

That will be exciting for you! I like the Drag dr-31 design/rota torque/work emotion cr kai's or whatever they are called. I had to "settle" for my FN10rc's because they were the only wheels i could get in a decent time frame in the stock lug pattern since I have yet to do the 5 lug conversion. What color is your car?

turbofoxlx

Thanks, the FN10rc's are very nice wheels. I am on a budget so I went with the Drags to replace horrendous wheels that are on now. The car is summit white.

turbowop

Couldn't wait until you had pics of them on the car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

You shouldn't have to massage the fenders at all. I know I didn't. Any reason you went with the 45series instead of the 40series? Those will be a bit taller than stock. Should look pretty sweet though.

Whoodoo

Love em! I've got bronze Rota Torques on mine, 45mm offset though. Can't wait to see pictures of them on the car.

broxma

I approve of this choice. I just ordered a set of black DR-31's for my Evo. There was an online retailer in PA selling them for 429.00 shipped, 17x8 +35, so my local Tire Rack price matched for me. They should be here tomorrow. The factory Evo IX wheels I have on it how are getting bead blasted and PC'd bronze and are going on 379. I needed a wheel to cover the 3Kgt brakes I have sitting in the garage.

/brox

turbofoxlx

I got the 45 series to help with the short gearing. Just put them on and I didn't have to roll the fenders but a little strech would help cover them a bit. For some reason when you have a 5 lug conversion the wheels tend to stick out a little more than stock. Also I was only able to get 1.25 deg of negative camber with a set of camber bolts, need to get some pillow ball mounts. Thanks for the comments, will post pics as soon as I am near a computer.

turbofoxlx

I also just finish mocking up my front lip. It still has to come off and go to the body shop to make it right and get painted. what do you guys think?

turbowop

Looks good. I think the lip does more for the USDM bumper than it does for the JDM unit. I'm hoping to get mine back from the bodyshop tomorrow. It's all one piece now and primered, just needs prepped and sprayed. Should turn out pretty nice.

RedTwo

Hmmm it looks pretty sweet from all angles - except from head on?
Maybe it's the way it narrows in the middle that doesn't agree with me?

turbofoxlx

Thanks for the comments guys! For suspension I'm running agx with gc coilovers. Turbowop I couldn't agree more, the jdm bumper is already sexy but its usdm counterpart needs all the help it can get.

Looking good. Man you don't waste anytime. You picked up the lip Tuesday & already have it installed. It's still a little crooked where the 2 pieces meet in the middle but I know you already saw that. The combo works well for your car, great job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif.

Ralli380Gvr4

Quoting turbofoxlx:
I also just finish mocking up my front lip. It still has to come off and go to the body shop to make it right and get painted. what do you guys think?

Looks so good man. I'm loving to see all these pics of Boostx lips on usdm bumpers trickling in. This is exactly what I wanted to see.

Are you planning on keeping it white or some sort of black? Either way IMO looks great.

I can't wait to get mine installed. Until then I'm gonna drool all over yours haha.

broxma

I just put the charcoal gray DR-31's on the Evo the other day. I am going to use the 10 spoke Evo IX wheels on the Galant. I have been looking at the backspacing/offset issue and can see it being a problem. I have 98 GSX wheels on it now and even they hit the fender under very light compression. The DR-31's are +35 while the Evo IX wheels are +38 I believe. I'm hoping the reduction in offset + the increased backspacing will keep the wheel relatively under the fender but I am preparing to roll or even pull the fenders if need be. I also have my camber basically zero'd out and can add 2 degree's with the K-sport plates if need be.

Next week I am refinishing the Evo IX wheels and then getting some rubber for them. The DR-31's are almost exact copies of them, so It should end up looking a lot like what you have, which I think looks pretty damned good.

/brox

What's funny is, I just finished installing some Rota wheels identical to these. Mario called & told me about the wheels. When he stopped by to p/u the lip, my car was on the lift getting ready to do the 5 lug swap.
17x8+35 235/45/17 tires & these wheels CLEARED /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gifmy 3kgt vr4 big brake kit with room to spare so that's a huge PLUS. This was one of my dilemas that plagued me for years. So now we have another option for wheels that clears the huge 4 piston calipers.

turbofoxlx

Great! Now the only two gvr4's in south Florida have the same wheels lol. Looks good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned