The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTT: 1991 Toyota MR2 NA Hardtop for VR4 Chicago 5k

BpuVR4

91 red Toyota MR2 nonturbo. 172k on the clock

at 170k miles had a motor (100k) dropped in:
-new timing belt
-new water pump
-new oil pump
-new alternator
-new starter
-new radiator (turbo)
-new battery
-new thermostat
-rebuilt distributor/ignition coil
-new cold air intake
-no namecatback exhaust(came with car)
-TRD short shifter, TRD boot, TRD ball shift knob
-Sitting on 17x8 SSR Competition 205/40-17 f, 235/45-17 r
-Alpine head unit

BODY: 7/10 some clearcoat fading. I believe a good detailer can bring back most of it's luster. No rust, clear carfax when purchased. Body's not perfect but just needs a little attention.

INTERIOR: 7/10 Black interior, pass seat is fine. Driver seats may need a little attention. Very small hole in driver seat, and foam should be repaired, but does not affect driving at all. Can refer to great upholstery shop.

MECHANICAL: 8/10 What needs work:
-ebrake cables
-speedometer cable needs replacement. Was damaged during engine install ~5k ago.
-TPS needs replacement.
-Pulley driving belt to AC condensor pulled apart. I've loctited it back on, but probably need new one before reinstalling ac belt.

Had 2 VR4's before...can't seem to stay away. I'm open to trades for a GVR4 with no rust, and little issues if anything. Will travel a state or so away for the right one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts