The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo brakes and new shoes on 637

Tre3zy

Havent been active for a while but here a lil update on the SHITBOX... Upgraded to the evo brakes... Found out kosei k1 didnt fit without a lot of spacers so has to get different rims...

Kosei k1 with 26mm spacers

New shoes... 17x9 +20 rota grids on 235 45 17 no spacer on the front 3mm on the rear... Need to raise the car a bit cause the do rub and i want to run 245 40 17 in the future

Jesus_Negros

How much do those rota weigh?

Tre3zy

turbo_negro:
they weight pretty light considering how wide they are... i didnt really weight them though... but compare to my 17.7.5 kosei k1 they arent much heavier... and the kosei's are light...

GSTwithPSI
I use the same brackets from the dsm tuners brembo upgrade tread... ill update it with the brackets pix when i pull the brakes again to get repainted and rebuilt...

coyotes
thanks i like how they turned out as well

KiNgMaRtY

Looks great. Could you please post up a side shot to see how much they stick out. How much negative camber did you have to go with in the front?

Tre3zy

prove_it

Where did the drilled rotors go? I don't see them behind the Rotas.

mitsuturbo

What's with the ebay "vortex generator" on the roof?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif...really?

1" spacers were required on the K1's? That's huge. How much clearance was there with the spacer installed?

Tre3zy

Drilled rotors was just for mock up it was actually my buddys rotors... Just wanted to see how it would look like...

Yes ive had that vortex generator in there for years... Even before the ebay one popped up... And i like it even if doesnt really do anything... People got different opinion on that... Not much clearance... Maybe 2mm with the spacers...

Im planning on getting some 245's soon and then the adjustable rear control arms to bring the rears in a bit more so they wont poke like that

mitsuturbo

Quoting Tre3zy:

Im planning on getting [deleted for relevance] the adjustable rear control arms to bring the rears in a bit more so they wont poke like that

I just did the AFCO arms. There's a parts list and writeup here on the forum. Worked out beautifully. I did have to cut and drill the heim joint spacers, though.

KiNgMaRtY

Looks great! Are you certain that they are +20 and not +25? Why did you use a spacer in the rear? Just to bring them out closer to the front?
I am thinking of getting +25 and run 245/40/17 or 255/40/17.

Tre3zy

yea its +20... and i added 3 mm spacer on the rear to even it out with the front...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned