The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 192/1000 here. Just saying hello

Boostdtalon

Hey everyone, my name is Josiah and I've been addicted to 4G63's for 8 years now. Lol well yeah I'm not new to the DSM scene but new to GVR-4's. Bought my first DSM in 04'. It was a 92' Talon TSI, kept it running and tastefully modded for about three years when I bought my 05' Evo MR. After alittle time the Talon was sold to a friend who was a master tech at a Mitsubishi dealership and now it is a dealership backed track car. Well I also had a 95' GS that I brought back from being riced out. Well I started having withdraws and decided to find myself another 1g. Well after phone call and email and pm I got nothing from the guys selling them. A friend and old roomie (bugeye) told me to look at GVR-4's. My luck I found one on here for sale in Ashville. Ten minutes after leaving a voicemail I get a return call and the deal was sealed. So last weekend I filled up the eclipse and the Evo and took off for Ashville. Traded the eclipse and some boot for 192. We decided that since the day was so nice and we had to awd/turbod vehicles why not take the blue ridge parkway home. It turned out to be an awesome drive. I have pics I can post of the cars when I get home. I'm posting from my iPhone.

Welcome to the board. This is a great community to be part of.
Can't wait to see those pic's.

raptorWagon

Nice, looks like she could use some TLC. I found my vr4 in asheville as well.

Boostdtalon

Yeah she's alittle rough but I will take care of her. I've got plans for suspension and power but right now I'm just trying to get her maintenance done and clean things up. She runs great but I need to remove the AWS it's messed up and stop some oil leaks.

ApexHunter

Welcome to the board...it is the best one i've ever experienced. I think part of that is due to the fact that we are member owned and operated and fully self supporting. Also there are a lot of great people on here.

EPIC sky pic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Quoting boostdtalon:

Boostdtalon

Yeah I've been on several boards and I'm growing quite fond of this one. Alot of useful information on here. Thanks for the compilments on the pics. Where in SD you from. I just moved back to NC from San Diego. I loved it out there. I miss palomar mtn.

ApexHunter

Haha, right on! Yeah palomar mtn is pretty fun but can be a little sketchy. I was riding there weekly with my buddy up until a few weeks ago, i haven't had any time lately. I'm from north county area, mainly encinitas but i've lived in san marcos, carlsbad, vista/o-side.

Boostdtalon

Oh ok. Yeah I lived in Clairemont Mesa and parts of East county mainly. I used to love cruising sunrise highway out to Borrego Springs and back. Borrego springs was where I bought my Evo a jdm rear. Take 60 secs + 60 mph sideways + one big rock in the sand = a blown tire and a messed up rear bumper.

1990ggsxnj

Lil' late but WELCOME. Sounds like you had a fun trip. Then again, any time actually driving the car is enjoyable lol. Good luck and be safe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Boostdtalon

yeah i'm so happy i went with a GVR-4 and not a 1g. i love this thing. just wish you would be moving here already. i need someone else with experience on these things.

curtis

The tunnel looks like the one right outside of Spruce Pine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Grew up there, you ever want some cool roads to hit in a car or bike send me a PM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Boostdtalon

send that info this way please. i'm always looking for routes for cruises and what not. once the spring rolls around i'll probably be setting up a nice cruise thru the mountains. probably going to set up a drive on the parkway and hopefully take a trip to the dragons tail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned