The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner- ?/1k Summit white from Colorado aka 677/1k

highrpm666

Been a while since the last update. Car is running very well and I've now put 20,000 miles on her. I have done some work on the car since I last posted but not much. Too busy using it as my daily driver to do anything major. I plan on parking it soon when I find a decent daily beater.

I've installed a new used hood and rear bumper that were in much better condition than the original parts. I've also installed a paulo pillar 2 gauge pod. Looks much better than 2 gauges resting on the driver speaker cover! I put in a very special steering wheel, It came from my very first car. I think its a Grant Formula. I completely removed the charcoal canister and lines. Removed the cruise control as well. Installed a poly front roll stop too.

I purchased a good used small 16g and rebuilt it. Haven't got around to installing it just yet. Planning on swapping turbos when I have the front end taken apart for the intercooler install in a few weeks. Also will be removing the remaining a/c lines and condenser. Really trying to get the underhood looking tidy!

Decided to go with a stock evo 8 core instead of the CxRacing core I purchased.

Also I purchased a new rebuilt shortblock.. Assembled with stock pistons, rods and crank. ACL crank and rod bearings and ARP rod bolts. Still need to buy a ton of parts to put it together. Also picked up a used head that I still need to take to the machine shop and see if its use able. Got it very cheap due to a couple cracked guides.

I've really been enjoying the car with the few mods I have done. Its just so enjoyable to drive on the winding mountain roads here. I think it handles fairly well and has just enough power to get myself into trouble! I suppose I'll list the mods as of right now..

BC BR coilovers
JNZ braided brake lines and DOT 4
Poly front roll stop
ECMlink v3 tuned @ 18 psi
Lower Shores MBC
evo 399 maf with BLOX filter/adapter
Denso 660's
Big 16g
2g exhaust manifold
2 1/2" downpipe and catback
3g lifters
a/c, cruise, charcoal canister removed

Need to get my fuel pump and regulator, Fmic, small 16g installed and retune.

And once again the picture up-loader isn't working for me. Just gives me an error message after the upload reaches 100% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Watch the size of your pictures. There is a limit. I usually have to resize mine down from my camera because 21 megapixels makes them too large (like 5M, I think limit here is 2M).

highrpm666

Finally got some pics re-sized to upload.

New steering wheel and pillar pod installed

Snowy meet last winter

Not so snowy meet this spring

Small 16g getting rebuilt

Finished Small 16g

Installing new rear bumper

New shortblock

new hood and '93 headlights

Sideshot with red rocks park in the background

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nice looking car.

I don't really like the 92 stock wheels usually, but for some reason on the white cars they look good.

highrpm666

Well.. Update time.

Had the windows re-tinted with 20% all around and a windshield strip done also. Looks pretty darn good. much better than the bubbly 20 year old purple tint it had.

Turned the new rebuilt small 16g into a billet wheel tdo5/20g with an anti-surge cover. I have a few small items to address before I can install it. It will be downfiring so it changes a few things. Not quite sure if its going to clear the waterpipe either. Its going to initially be internally gated but, I plan to externally gate it soon. I will be buying a FP exhaust manifold and a recirculated wastegate o2 housing.

Picked up a new used cylinder head for the new engine. Its a 6-bolt head with bc springs and retainers, plus bc 272 cams. Also grabbed a set of arp headstuds

I'll post some pics once I sync my camera to my PC!

Last but not least, she is about 175 miles away from clicking off 200,000 miles!

Last edited:

highrpm666

Said goodbye to 677/1k last night. It was so hard letting her go. I had a tough time even walking away from her. Handing over the keys was the hardest part though...

But I'll have her back in a few days with about 200 more HP! Dropped her off with a local fabricator/dsm guru to have all the parts I've been gathering installed! I'm a bit nervous since no one else has ever worked on my car besides myself.

Lots of good stuff is going in.
Big gvr4 specific fmic
All custom made 2.5" piping
Fp manifold
Tdo5 20G w/billet wheel and anti surge comp cover
Tubular o2 with a tial 38mm gate/dump tube
Go fast bits Bov
Custom intake tube keeping stock battery location

I'll post some pics when I get the car back and tuned!

edit: Forgot to mention, I bought a some wheels too. Picked up a set of 5Zigen FNO1R-C hot editions in 17x8 +35's. They have been painted gold and one wheel is bent. For 160 bucks I could not pass them up. Having the bent wheel repaired asap and then trying to figure out what tires I would like to put on them. I'm considering Conti Extreme contacts but I'll be looking into other options as well.

Last edited:

highrpm666

^Awesome man! Too bad mines not actually 677/1k. Still trying to figure out my actual badge number. I do have an extensive history of my car but no one seems to know what the original badge number was. It's a mystery.

highrpm666

The ETS core tucks oh so nicely behind that uncut bumper... 10" tall with room to spare... 1g 3" core. I ended up having to pick up this intercooler due to a fitment issue with the stock radiator and the GVR4 specific core I had previously purchased, in the middle of the installation process.

Last edited:

badams

Nice!!! Can you come install mine for me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

T3mp0r

I've got 675/1000. Also white. Craziness.

highrpm666

Uploading a few pics since the site is back up....

Car is running very well on the new turbo setup. Pulls very hard after getting it tuned.
New setup:

Ecmlimk v3 full- tuned at about 25psi
bastard mhi tdo5h 20g, billet extended tip wheel with anti surge compressor cover and aftermarket .70 A/R hotside
FP race manifold
JMfab o2 housing/Tial F38mm 2 bolt external wastegate and custom dump tube
2 1/2" downpipe and catback with high flow cat/ dynomax muffler
660cc denso injectors
Walbro 255lph using stock fuel pump wiring/37psi base, stock fpr
Ets 1g 3" race intercooler with custom 2 1/2" short route piping
Go fast bits Mach 2 bov recirced
Custom intake pipe
evo 399 maf with Blox Filter

New wheels and tires
5Zigen FN01R-C 17x8 +35 4x114.3
Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 225/45-17

New catch can setup is next!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts