The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new noise, sounds like belts but isnt?

ok so this is one that has me beat. if i'm going fairly slow i can hear it, might make it when i'm going fast, not sure lol, but it seriously sounds like a belt that doesn't have enough tension, but the noise is not RPM related, it's physical speed related, and it gets louder and faster the more i slow down, and when i stop, it stops, no noises anymore, and it makes it whether i'm on the brakes or not... any ideas?

Wizardawd

Jack up all 4 and put it in gear.....

Wiz

AnotherNewb

Brake pads? Backing plate hitting the rotor? Flux Capacitor?

MMCVR4

If you suspect a wheel bearing, raise the car up on all four wheels. Put it in neutral, with the hand brake off. Then roll each wheel while holding onto the springs and check for vibration. Also try shaking the wheel for slack, but make sure that all your wheel lugs are tight.

Doc can help you out with the Flux Capacitor problem.

Last edited:

the noise went away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif but i'll get it up on jacks in the next few days to make sure... maybe i just got a small rock in the brake dust shield /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned