The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New New Yorker taking on a gvr4

ade

catch can, oem rear motor mount and lc-1 installed

ade

a mad scientist constructed a device that will have my stock in dash fuel gauge read my gm fuel level sender /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

ade

ive got my work cut out for me

i aint scared

tektic

Fix the leak and put it back on. Build the LSD rear into my subframe with welded trailing arms.

Zee

sent u pm man hit me up

ade

thanks to john(tektic) for all his parts and all his hands on help yesterday.

afco upper ca

turned down the rod end spacers to fit snug

lsd in

thanks to John(jmelocik) for the teins, bilstiens and those sweet adapters

eliminating trailing arm flex

getting there

ade

threw the plates on..

and went for a spin lest night...

few thing to button up the next few days. i took a week off starting this wed. i just might make mod this upcoming weekend!?!

ade

Quoting transparentdsm:
car is coming along great. looks real good.

thanks, ive been driving it the last few days and loving it. few things i need to button up and ill be happy with her.

Quoting ercp98:
can you provide more info on the rear shock adapters?
another alternative to welding.

i got them from jmelocik give him a shout, i cant rem where he got em from.

Quoting faqinshiet:
Info on afco upper ca

click

i got these for the rod ends, packed em with grease
click

Last edited:

ade

cant take the fumes getting into the car, started putting floor plates in.

That danm crescent wrench is so handy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited:

ghostinthevr4

Great work your going hard on that VR4 you make it look simple but it's not. Nonthing worth having comes easy anyways. Can you give us a contact to that John guy? I want those bilstein apapters I have some and don't want the down time of the weld job. What forum is John so I can send him a P.M.

DynastyLCD

John is on this forum if i remember right.

would be awesome if we could get a group buy on these... i think the welding is the one part of the evo suspension swap that's holding me back from actually doing it.

ghostinthevr4

He's on this forum very nice. Come on John it's group buy time or you can just make one set for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
My KYB's are going bad I got Bilstien's waiting for my Galant. Sorry for the thread jack Ade.

ade

i had no idea where the adapters came fro till a few days ago heres a link to a thread started on the subject for any future seekers. link

The cars been on the road for a few months now, with the weather being so crappy and the limited time i have nowadays its been tough getting to the little issues the car has. i still need to work on my tune, seal up the trunk, find and install a fuel swirl pot(im looking at versions that encloses the pump to keep the noise down), replace the pass side axle seal,re shim my rear end, rebuild my drive shaft, buy and install fans to replace the old worn out fans and a few odds and ends like a sound system, interior and exterior details.

I had an issue with my clutch not disengaging properly and after pulling the trans to shim the pivot ball, playing with the cables and replacing both clutch master and slave, i found out it was my pedal set. took it out welded it the third time around and installed and no more issues /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif. it def took its toll as my 1st and 3rd syncro's took a beating. i see a trans rebuild in my future.

Thats all for now.

Last edited:

tektic

What he didn't mention was he started to take it out new years day at 9:30 at night in his driveway during a blizzard.

ade

go hard or go home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned