The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New New Yorker taking on a gvr4

ade

i did put too much grease in the axles, a tech informed me just before i put them back together

Quoting JamesFoster:
What did you coat it with?

0ne can of flat black rust-oleum engine enamel

ade

swapped out my bad speed censor for a good one yesterday, drive shaft is back in and ill finish up the rear diff before the weekend

20140819_175517.jpg

figured out why i cant get my idle to stick. new used isc on its way

20140819_175609.jpg

fp1's will go in this weekend, then i work on welding -an fittings to the new valve cover and touching up a leak on the cold pipe.

ade

the diffs back on, after checking it myself then sending it out to get double checked, turns out its within spec. waiting on my fav local parts store for a front axle and shockproof. got the fp1's in yesterday, next will be new re-gaped plugs, installing pass side front axle, cleaning grease off the exhaust and once i get hands on my new old isc, set base timing, tps, idle swith & biss.

ade

1052 is on the ground, cams are in, i lucked out and found a beam torque wrench that went lower than 20 foot pounds for the cam caps, new plugs are in. i also cleaned and painted the exhaust from the mid pipe down with black high temp rattle. isc came in from 89Mirageman, thanks man.

its out with me in queens for the weekend for some logging. i like what the 264's do, while cruising(which is all i'm doing) motor feels like it added on a few more cc's. im gonna start tuning with Stacy(my1gdsm) in a few days.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

very nice, glad to read things are going in your favor. let me know how things go with stacy i have been talking with him and im thinking of having him do my car as well once i get my 264's, or i decide to put the 272's i have in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned