The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Here

red90awd

I just wanted to introduce myself, I have been browsing the boards for some time now. My name is Chris, I have been a member of CCDSM since 03 and owend a 90 Talon TSI until last year (hence the name). I'm sure there are folks on here that know me localy, when the Talon was running optimal, I was making around 450hp on a FP Red and my best 1/4 mile time was 11.8 full weight, street trim.

Im in search of a daily driver, and I want it to be a decent GVR4, and I want to be back as an active member in the DSM community again.

As a side note, I took a drive out to Syracuse NY yesterday to look at what I thought and told was a mint GVR4, 66 year old preoffesor, original owner, 85 / 1000. The owner claimed new engine, new transmision, not a scatch, well turns out it was rusted all over, a bit on the hood, a bit on both front fenders, rocker pannels and so on, not to mention bad rear wheel bearings and last but not least that new engine was from a junk yard that was currently leaking from every which way.

Thanks for the space

Chris

Polish

Welcome aboard.

Good luck on your search. There are some clean ones left but you may have to travel to find it.

Jesh

try craigslist.org they have a few gvr4's

I looked at that same one. Didn't get to drive it, but found out most of the same things. When I leaned on the fender to get off the floor it sounded crunchy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif. Sent me an email after I looked at it and still insisted it was rust free. I think he just doesn't know about cars. He told me about a guy that was interested in it that was from CT. Must have been you. Welcome to the boards.

red90awd

Hey Rob, he said there was a person named Rob that wanted to check it out!

The guy was def. in another universe, I'm sure his wife wanted it gone because it was a leaking heap in their garage! The rust was certainly visable and I made it a point to show him what I was talking about, not to mention the guy def. loved to use duct tape to hold various things in place!

I want a DSM again, it just sucks that the one i want is hard to find!

LOL, yeah when I said there was a lot of rust on the undercarriage, he said, Oh I never look under there. I wrote back to him and told him about this site and that I would offer him $1500 for it, I haven't heard back from him. I would say away from this area for a VR4, go to even NJ or better yet MD for a car. They use salt on the roads here like there's an unlimited supply.

Gvr4's are not dsm's.....they're an original MMC car. They're actually assembled in Japan, not in the US.
Just a little fact that might save you from being bashed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Welcome.

381gvr4

Welcome! MUCH nicer crowd then your local site. Good luck with your search. What about Kevin's GVR4???? Local and he wants like $3500.....

red90awd

I know, but the cars are still considered to be close cousins of the DSM family.

Im sure people understood what i meant by the "DSM" community.

Kevin's car is a good deal, however I have something else in mind.

CCDSM isn't a bad place, yes there may be some people on there that get under others skin, however the majority of people there are to share in the enjoyment of their hoby w/ others.

red90awd

Bought one today, this was the fourth one I looked at, not my first choice but this one is in pretty decent condition. 1992 Kensington Grey 116k 25 of 1000 Overall good condition, mint interior, a few surface rust spots in the usual areas, no rot, ill take care of thsese spots, needs new shocks, tires, brakes, wheel bearings. Thing was pretty much stock besides a type-s BOV, a small 16g and a clutch. Car will be a good fit for me, ill throw some pictures up when i have time to detail her and what not. It's an excellent starting point, I'll make sure ill take as good of care as this one as I did my 1g.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned