The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hello from NY.. New owner of #1316

Hi everyone a few weeks ago I purchased #1316 from a former forum member "Nankles" outside of Syracuse, NY. through an ad on Craigslist.
He stated that he had the car for the last 7 Years, and that the previous owner had did all the modifications on the car.
Well the car appears it has been neglected since there is rust on the bottom of the doors and around the windshield as well as other places, the OEM wheels were seized to the brake disks.. Basically looked like the car spent a good year or more under a tree. Or as a winter car to baja around upstate NY's salted roads and never cleaned.
It turned out also that he advertised the car with pictures that looked to be from a better portion of the cars existence..
So I was quite eager to find out who the prior owner was and as it turns out to be from another forum member "Sk8bored".
I am quite excited to have such a piece of automotive history it's just too bad that the last owner did not share this passion.
I have already began the path to upgrading and restoration of this car.. though from what I can tell the car is modified with the following bits:

Small 16G
Unknown intake pipe (Rusted)
K&N Filter (Faded and worn)
ATV Battery (relocated to the firewall)
VDO Boost Gauge
Manual boost controller
Some kind of shortend shifter
KYB AGX shocks
Kosei (AKA Buddy Club) 16x7 Wheels
Full Whiteline Suspension upgrades
Some muffler shop 2.5" exhaust system.
A Good bit of the Emissions system has been removed
Re-mapped / EPROM Chipped ECU for Pocket Logger.

Strange thing is that the fuel system is stock and the car has 16G bolted up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have recently ordered a CM performance full 3" turbo back / ETS FMIC / HKS SSQ BOV / FP 4" Intake with Filter /
Aluminum Radiator (the Radiator that was on the car has a hole) with a 14" Perma Cool Fan and Silicone hoses / Blitz EBC and new Bushings for the
drive shaft.. I was about to order up a AEM EMS though it does not appear to have too much support in the
1G DSM (much less GVR4) area.. So I am considering a ECM Link Ver 3 using the MAP option. Though it just depends on them being able to undo the pocket logger modifications.
I will be upgrading the injectors, fuel pump and others once I have a proper EMS installed.

Kris Myer (AKA Sk8bored) Did a excellent job maintaining the car which is most likely why the guy I purchased it from (Nankles) posted pics that were most likely taken when he bought the car.
I was somewhat reluctant to buy the car at first, though you don't see the VR4 Galants much at all..

I am located in Upstate NY. near Watertown.

If anyone has any tips or advice I am open to suggestions.

As far as I can tell I am the 4th Owner:
1st Owner
Andersen F. ??
2nd Owner
Kris Myers (AKA Sk8bored)
3rd Owner
Carlton Harris (AKA Nankles)
4th Owner
Myself...

# 1316
IMG_0070.jpg

((Pic taken after a thorough cleaning and removal of rusted out Ski Rack))

Thanks,
Chris D.

transparentdsm

awesome and by mistake i reported this, it was an accident. my cat walked across the keyboard and hit this somehow by accident. im really sorry.. this is a great post...

That's cool no big deal I'm sure..

Last edited:

transparentdsm

beautiful car by the way, im such a big fan of the summit white. i have a belize green and im thinking of picking up another of that color if the guy is into letting it go, has a lot of rust apparently.

spooling92vr4

The areas where you got rust isnt really uncommon. welcome to the forums make sure you try and get yourself on the registry this way we know the car is still around

GSX_TC

Nice VR4 man, love the rims

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Meow. Good luck with the car. The white ones are the best.

sk8bored

Good to see #1316 is still around, this car was super clean when I sold it to go to the east coast. The exhaust was from Mofugas and the shifter is from some othe Mitsu. that was being sold here on the forums a loooong time ago. The fuel pump was rewired, and the ECU was done by Keydiver. The car still had the 14b on it when it was sold and the intake was from dejon tool......Enjoy.
IMG_0523.jpg

ecbb2324.jpg

e84def68.jpg

I drove a EVO for five years
P1010141.jpg

then moved on to Lotus.......
matte.jpg

Last edited:

donkeylips

If you're ever in Rochester or Buffalo and want to to feel better about the rust situation on your car, come check out 108/1000. I also have 2 other Galants if you're into photoshoots.

GVR4ZUM

Welcome and Congrats on the purchase. I like the wheels and that Lotus is nice.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned