The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NEW galant VR4

hey guys i was a member along time ago (i think under the same name) not sure what happened to my old account so i made this one. I wasnt realy active anyway due to changing up on my dd... anyway just got hit on the hwy 5 days ago so the acura is totaled, iv had my galant sitting in the garage for about 4 years now colecting dust (not sure of the # can anyone help me figuer it out by the vin?). engine is shot needs a rebuld and some electrical work probabaly needs some suppension work also. im fairly handy with a wrench but not so great with the bigger jobs. anyone know and good DSM VR4 mechanices or other members in Oregon? so ill probably have about 8-9 grand to fix it up any sugestions? thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Diego

First off welcome back.

1. The badge if gone cannot be found by the vin# as they were randomly badged when they hit the shores.

2. There is a couple of reputable shops in Wa, depending on your distance from you to them, PINA Motorsports is the first off the top of my head.

3. Shocks can be done by you. KYB AGXs or Gr2s are common and cheap to come byy depending with what you are looking for stance/drive wise.

If its been sitting 4 years I would do a T belt job and make sure the valve and pistons still look good.

Good luck

Diego

mitsuturbo

Oregon isn't exactly a small state. Where are you? Eugene, Portland, Pendleton, Brookings, Burns, Medford?
There are plenty of guys in the Portland/Vancouver area. I think there are 2 or 3 members here from Eugene.

steve

Quoting Diego:

1. The badge if gone cannot be found by the vin# as they were randomly badged when they hit the shores.

There is one exception. If the badge # and VIN were previously reported to iceman before the badge was removed, we would be able to tell you what the badge # was. The odds of this are probably very slim though. If you send the VIN to Dave (iceman69510) we can check it out.

thanks... i will look into that, im am just south of Eugene... im looking into rebuilding the engine and doing the 16g swap honestly id like to be in the low 13s high 12s and have it as a fun DD.

belize1334

Eugene isn't that far from Portland/Vancouver. I'd have Lucas English take care of you for the engine. He's BEEN AROUND and will probably know the best builders etc.

thedsmguy

I'm from Vancouver too and can help you. English is much more of a shop but I do some work on the sides and have been doing dsm stuff since about 1997 or so.

I'm in Eugene, I can help you out. I don't have the time to build your car for you, but I can help you out, and I know what I'm doing. I'm actually a certified tech. If you want to just drop it off and put that kind of chunk of change into it, then yeah I think English is probably the closest reputable place. It certainly isn't going to take 8-9 grand to get into the 13s!
Anyhow welcome!

thanks guys id like to meet all of you some time soon any northwest meets?. Lucas English huh? ill have to check em out yah i need the car done soon or els ill be stuck buying another honda or somthin i hate just for transpo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned