The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Member introduction

Gsol25

Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I recently bought 1460/2000. It needs some work however I look forward to taking the project on. It runs just not well. Besides the Galant I also own a 08 Evo X an a 2000 Explorer. My goal is to have the Galant take place of the daily driver explorer. I work in a bodyshop myself and I am looking forward to really restoring the body back to its prime. It has minor rust on both rocker panels. The guy I bought it from has had it sitting for 2 years so I am sure once I dig into it I will find some not so friendly suprises. Like I said it does run however it definitly needs some TLC. The interior is in great shape however and really just needs a vacuum and a leather treatment. I look forward to learning and also sharing what I know.

Thanks

Greg

tombaman

Welcome to the org. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Jesus_Negros

welcome. Pics of your turbo 4 doors.

EHmotorsports

welcome!!! look forward to the progress pics.

Welcome man.... can show your gvr4? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jcrimboli

Welcome! Finding one with rust ONLY on the rockers in PA is pretty amazing. I'm from outside of Pittsburgh originally and everything had some sort of cancer. Now that I'm on the west, I just have to worry about oxidization. Looking forward to some progress pics!

Quoting Gsol25:
I will have pictures up soon. thanks for the welcome

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jcrimboli

Not too too bad rust-wise. Everything else looks pretty solid. I have a similar front mount I'm mocking up too. I was thinking about flipping and trying to run the short route piping. Looking good though! Good luck with the restore!

transparentdsm

Quoting jcrimboli:
Welcome! Finding one with rust ONLY on the rockers in PA is pretty amazing. I'm from outside of Pittsburgh originally and everything had some sort of cancer. Now that I'm on the west, I just have to worry about oxidization. Looking forward to some progress pics!

that is hilarious, im originally from jersey and about 9 months ago we moved from bushkill, pa. i got really luck, i bought my car from the third owner who had it for 3 months and before that it was an old man and then some guy who had it in a garage. i have surface rust on a lot of the underbody, but the front half of the car was just recently wire wheeled down and re-rubberized when i rebuilt my front suspension.

car looks good considering the rust and the location. congrats, welcome to the board and if you plan on asking a lot of questions grow some thick skin, some of us do not play well with others.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Damn, that's definitely going to take some metal work to fix it right. What's your plan to repair the damage? You need to take a wire wheel and remove as much of the rust as possible so you can really see how much salvageable metal is left. Everything that's rusted through you'll have to cut out, which looks to be a large part of the rocker panel. I've linked some rust repair threads below that you can take a look at. Welcome to the .Org!

Bobdole's rust repair

MAJOR rust repair

My rust repair; minimal

Turbo99

Look forward to seeing someone save another one!

I'm not close but not too far. Lets get 1459/1460 together at some point. Black and white! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned