The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New here with 1989 vr4

dazzler

How's things lads my name is Darragh and im from Ireland
Iv just bought a 1989 galant vr4 and iv never had 1 before but I'm really lookin forward to seeing what the future hold for this little gem
It's only after been imported this year to Ireland and its 100% original with the original cassette deck still installed and ut currently has 150k on the clock
My plans are to just enjoy the car after a good service and clean, future plans are to hit around 550hp and collect some rare oem parts, and to gather some useful information
Thansk fellas ill look forward to getting to know you all

bobdole

Welcome to the group. Post some photos when you can.

bobdole

Looks nice. Thanks for sharing the photos. Keep up posted on the build.

miller

Hey, hows things?

Great to see more owners popping up in Ireland. Was this the Galant for sale on DD in a dealer in Dublin?

Whereabouts in Ireland are you? We technically could hold a VR4 meet now!

gvr4ever

Looks really clean. While HP numbers can be a neat goal, and totally realistic with that engine and todays tuning options and overall knowledge, it's also a bit overkill. For now, I suggest doing maintenance and driving it stock for awhile to get everything sorted. Next I'd do suspension and brakes.
The USDM Galant VR4 was a tad detuned compared to other markets. The worst being a very tiny intercooler that got heat soaked after 1 good run. Find out what bits your car has. If it has a larger FMIC, small 16G turbo and larger injectors, you might already have an upgrade over what we got. I see it has the Cyclone intake, so it might have a larger turbo and injectors too.

I've never tested my cars HP numbers, but at 20psi, it's plenty fast for the street. I generally run stock boost in town and don't bother turning it up unless I'm driving in the country. I can't touch the throttle in town at 20psi.

dazzler

Looks really clean. While HP numbers can be a neat goal, and totally realistic with that engine and todays tuning options and overall knowledge, it's also a bit overkill. For now, I suggest doing maintenance and driving it stock for awhile to get everything sorted. Next I'd do suspension and brakes.
The USDM Galant VR4 was a tad detuned compared to other markets. The worst being a very tiny intercooler that got heat soaked after 1 good run. Find out what bits your car has. If it has a larger FMIC, small 16G turbo and larger injectors, you might already have an upgrade over what we got. I see it has the Cyclone intake, so it might have a larger turbo and injectors too.

I've never tested my cars HP numbers, but at 20psi, it's plenty fast for the street. I generally run stock boost in town and don't bother turning it up unless I'm driving in the country. I can't touch the throttle in town at 20psi.
Hey man how are you
Yeah my plan for the moment is to just pretty much enjoy the car and get a few little bits sorted to tidy her up and maybe in a year or so I'll modify it i bit and see where the build takes me, its not my daily driver I only use it on nice days which I'd few and far between here in Ireland, I'm going to send you a dm

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned