The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new act flywheel step wrong

tektic

So, its .615 as measured by a local auto machine shop. Bought if from a member here said it was installed in a fwd and taken out because it was an awd flywheel. No miles. Surface is true just wrong. Now what?

Can I use it, call the company or just see if I can get my money back?

prove_it

Can't it be corrected?

Your not the original purchaser so might have some trouble getting money back or exhange.

GSTwithPSI

You have a few options:

1) See if the machine shop will shave the step. I just had my friction surface and step machined for $55, just to give you an idea.

2) Install it and hope .007" isn't enough to matter for your particular clutch setup. This option sucks, because taking the trans in and out is labor intensive.

3) See if the seller will return your money.

If it were me, I'd consider those 3 options in that order.

tektic

Calls act and spoke with a mechanic named john. He said he owns a 92 vr4 and that he wouldn't have any issue using it.

Option puts me over the cost of a new one, guess I'm going to take option 2... I don't have any reason to believe this didn't come from act like this so buying a new one waiting for it to get here and finding the exact same measurements would really suck.

This is why I'm never building anything again... Stock only.

Yeah right.

Last edited:

89Patches

I ran a .615 step height with my Southbend clutch. No problems and no plans to change it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned