The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help finding bolts

ducttapeguy

Hey all. Im looking for 2 M8 1.25 x 90 bolts. The ones I have are bent to hell. I went to Autozone, Home Depot and Lowes and couldnt find any in the right length or grade. I need them as soon as possible. Any Ideas?

DynastyLCD

what exactly do you need them for?

ducttapeguy

My HKS turbo kit. I partially disassembled it to get at the broken bolts in it and when these came out I saw that they were bent at the threads. I want to put nice new bolts in when I reassemble it but I cant seem to find them around Watertown, NY

JNR

Are these the turbo to manifold bolts? Usually those are M10-1.25 x 80 mm, fwiw...The manifold to head is M8-1.25 though, although wow that is a long bolt (stock studs are 40 mm IIRC)!

Last edited:

turbowop

Probably going to need to go to a speacialty fastener store. Locally we have Tacoma Screw, and Fastenal that carry stuff you can't normally find at hardware stores.

JNR

Ah...forgot about those bolts, although wow seems so small.

Anyway, if you know somebody with a mcmaster-carr account, they sell them and I'm sure Grainger does as well (anybody can buy from them, I believe)...otherwise, more than likely you'll need to find something online that sells small qty., or maybe HKS, etc...that is sort of an oddball size that I highly doubt you'll find at a neighborhood hardware store (esp. a chain)...you *may* be able to find something at one of those mom and pop style that sells a lot of different hardware.

I have a lot of hardware in metric, stainless, etc., but don't think anything in that size...I'll double check tho.

EDIT - the longest ones I have are 60 mm, but they are new...don't think that's be near long enough.

btw - an alternative is to get some M8-1.25 studs and nuts, etc., fwiw.

Last edited:

curtis

All out of 90's but these are 92. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Grade 7 if you can live with that and I can get them off to you tomorrow. Send me a PM with your address so I don't have to look it up also let me know if you need any other ones. But for future reference these hold ac compressors to the bracket.

ducttapeguy

Curtis has hooked me up! I should be throwing this thing back together in a few days. If I dont get my issues with the current setup sorted by then then I will be putting the HKS kit back on and taking down the FS add. Thanks again Curtis and everyone who helped me out with this jazzery

Last edited:

bigblock4g63

theboltdepot.com

Last edited:

bigblock4g63

fast shipping

Last edited:

misterfixit

Scrape the sh*t of the head markings. make sure they are of the same strength/material!

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts