The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need some help tuning

ducttapeguy

I just swapped turbo setups in the G and now my car runs like ass. My wideband is reading 10:1 AFR at idle and up to about 200-2500RPM and then it gets super lean once boost starts to come on and as soon as I get 5psi or so it falls on its face. I just need to know a quick easy way to adjust my AFRs on Link v3 I dont need a super awesome tune right now, I just need the car driveable. I looked at the tuning wiki on dsmlink.com but I couldnt really understand it. Im more of a see it and then do it kind of guy. I cant read how to tune and then apply it. I need to be shown or have it explained to me in laymans terms. Can anyone help me out? I have to get the car running decent by tomorrow afternoon so I can start my road trip. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tyler

mikus

do you know how the AFR's looked before hardware changed, or are we working from "it ran well before"

LINK when dialed in right isn't *tricking* your AFR like some piggybacks do, rather it's helping the ECU compensate AFR as it normally does, using your setup/sensors. As such, we want to 1) make sure your fuel pressure & injectors are in the ballpark, then 2) make sure your sensors are dialed in right. that that point you'll be driveable.

Tell us your mods, then post a log (you'll have to post elsewhere and give us a link) google how. it's the best way we can help.

PS you boost leak test yet? It's all for sh*t if you've got a big leak.
PPS how confident are you in the WB reading.

Last edited:

tyeler18

Use the stock maps for now and go from there. If it has problems on the stock maps then a tune won't help it, you have other issues. Are you using narrowband simulation through link? Still have a front o2?

alansupra94

I know you guys are going to call me a dick but why post here? If you own a Link V3, then you have access to their forum. They will be able to help you much more easily. Also we don't know much about your setup. Because of the drastic change in your AFRs from changing your turbo (VE), I am going to assume you are running speed density (MAP and IAT). At this point, you should try and go onto Link V3 forum and see if they have a base map that will semi-match what you are looking for and get tuning from there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned