The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NE Ohio engine builder

I had my engine sitting at a place in Medina for about a year to get some work done. I originally wanted him to assemble it but I don't trust the work he did after not returning calls and just general lack of communication. So I'm looking to take my engine to get blueprinted and assembled. Anyone know a trustworthy place I can take my engine to near Cleveland?

StreetThisVR4

It depends on your power goals and how much you want to spend, but you can't go wrong with Buschur Racing in Wakeman. If you're in Medina it should be 30 mins max to get there. I've heard alot of good things about Big 3 Racing near Cleveland; alot of high HP builds. Greg's Engine & Machine in Copley cleaned and assembled an Evo 8 short block for a buddy's car, they also did a great job and were very reasonable.

Just curious, which engine shop gave you bad service/work done? PM if you want to keep it private. Hope this helps.

I'm shooting for ~450-500hp. I'm kind of hesitant to go to Buschur because of his attitude and the things that I've heard about him as a person. I have no doubt that he would build a great engine but if I didn't have to I'd rather not give my money to him.

The shop was Medina Motorsports. I went to him because a couple of guys who do a lot of drag racing at my work recommended him. They said he does great work and is extremely fast... Not so much my case. It started off with me needing a hone, wrist pins fit to the conrods, valve seats, and valve guides reamed out and then get everything assembled. To make a long story short, I didn't hear from him for about 3 months, tried to contact him a few times with no response, finally heard from him, he didn't remember what I needed done, told him again and then after that it was the same thing with almost no communication.

StreetThisVR4

I understand your apprehension to Buschur; he's not for everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

However, he sponsors my brother's Evo 9 and all the work they've done has never been a problem. The car goes low 9's at 160+. If you're adamantly against him, I'd check out Big 3. Alot of local guys (mostly V8s but some 4cyls) have had great luck and they seem like good reasonable guys.

Let us know who you end up going with.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned