The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

check engine light comes on/off, cant do full boost,O2's?

hey so i have noticed on warmer days my car doesnt seem to like it,it will start and run but when i start driving the check engine light comes on then turns of and so on, or when i let the car sit over night and start it to go to work in the morning on a cool day it will do fine no check engine light. when the check engine light comes on i cant boost all the way towards the higher rpms,if i keep the rpm's down and drive without barley boosting the car does fine, feels like a boost leak but i cant find one, i do have a little radiator leak that im about to take car of im just wondering if i should look for anything else, im running 610 injectors,255 walbro,fmic,only doing 15 lbs of boost, just running off the 1st safc they ever put out lol, could this be lack of tune? or getting to much fuel so the o2 sensors are going? im stumpped

Quoting juanton92gvr4:
im running 610 injectors

Who makes 610cc injectors? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Do you have a logger? It sounds like the ECU is probably not able to get into closedloop, because of bad tuning. You REALLY need a logger to see the fueltrims so you can tune it properly.

1990ggsxnj

And stop boosting until you do unless you want to risk damaging something.

Brianawd

It sounds like the caps in the ecu are starting to leak onto the board. I have had cars do the same thing. Car will run fine when its cool, but once its gets hot the car starts to run like sh*t. That GGSX I pick up was doing the same thing. Go to work and the car would run great. Then after work when the car had been sitting in the sun all day I would start it up and it would start running like sh*t. I replaced the caps cleaned the board and it fixed the problem. I got lucky in that it had not burned a trace so it was a easy fix.

yeah sounds like it, ill check it out today thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned