The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My intake manifold showed up today :O)

onesickcrx

This is the drag manifold from JM Fabrications. Looks little small to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Sean92AWD

Nice. I had one for my old car. Which throttle body setup did you choose?

gtluke

yay
my friend brent made that for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

onesickcrx

Yea he did make it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I ended up going with a 1G N/T throttle body since this is a daily driven car when it works lol. Thanks guys way more bling comming soon just like this...

BoostedAWD91

i just got the jmf race intake manifold like a month or two ago, amazing craftsmanship!! cant wait till spring to put it on

Sean92AWD

Quoting onesickcrx:
Yea he did make it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I ended up going with a 1G N/T throttle body since this is a daily driven car when it works lol. Thanks guys way more bling comming soon just like this...

Nice. I had the Q45 on mine. Then decided i wanted a street car and sold it for a extrude honed 1g manifold.

Brianawd

6000rpm-1100rpm power band FTW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

OP, I don't recall the mod list on your car but as Brian stated, you have to be up in the high-higher rpms to really get the most out of that manifold. If you have a huge turbo & a larger displacement motor, that will help to take advantage of the manifold.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

What made you get the drag version instead of the race or street versions?

onesickcrx

Well when I started looking into the diffrence's of the race vs the drag. There's very little diffrence from 3000-5000 as far as power and T. and since I am either driving the car very easy meaning commuting in it or full throttle. I would rather have the extra power from 5000 rpm and up so that's why I bought it.

As far as my setup only time will tell... Do to recent delays I have been forced to change things up, so I am playing it by ear right now

onesickcrx

This is a graph of the race vs drag on 2.0. As you'll see, spool-up was faster with the Drag intake (red lines), and shortly after 5k rpm the drag intake torque and hp just took off seeing approximately a 40hp/tq difference between the two. The peak HP was a pretty consistent 14+hp difference,. Yes it is a high horse power car but you get the point. If spool is not killed why not have it for future mod's in years to come? imagine the difference going from a stock manifold to the drag jezz lol

89coltgt

Are you going from s atock manifold to this Corey? Let us know how it works out for you. Do you hve access to a dyno? I would be interested to see the gains from a stock im.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned