The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My galant gsx

So I did the 5bolt swap. Should hold me over till were ready to do the motor swap in a month or so.

So here they are.

HPIM3953JPG1.jpg

HPIM3947JPG1.jpg

HPIM3941.jpg

HPIM3954.jpg

HPIM3940.jpg

HPIM3939.jpg

HPIM3938.jpg

BrandonEchols

I like it...clean and classy looking.

Its got H&R springs on the gr2's. I want to get the rear space so it sits up a bit more and the throw some agx's all around. The rear struts are kinda toast why I think it sags so much.

Once I have the motor in shes going in for paint. At the moment I plan on getting it done flat black. I want to keep it looking the way it is. I love how clean and stock looking is, I am aiming for the sleeper look. Minus the rims obviously lol =]

Thanks all, Im glad theres other people who like these cars like I do now. I use to only like talons. Picked this up for a winter car. Drove it once and now have all the parts off my talon are getting ready to go in this and I am parting with the talon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diego

I have same suspension set up ( so dbossman you can see how mine sits) but my rear isn't that low... I would say they are shot in the back....

Yeah I believe they are for sure. Doesnt help I have alot in the trunk right now. This weekend I am cleaning the trunk and putting the battery there. Along with hopefully mounting the front mount and getting the rough piping route done. Plus flanging the piping for my bov

JackbNimble

Whose a sexy girl? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

maroonmetallic

I believe that is a Eagle or Dodge 2000GTX.
Way cooler than just a Galant GSX.

Nice car though!

-Shawn

I thought that I started this thread at first glance. I had to take a double take lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JackbNimble

Quoting Dbossman:
^^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My comment was towards the car.

I have a 90 Galant GSX and I wish she looked as good as that.

Thanks, for the cars we get in ontario. This one is really clean. For the galant or eagle 2000gtx If its a eagle the guy I got it from definitely went all out getting the badging done. My vin does pull up a eagle 2000gtx(I was told in ontario any car that predates when mitsu was in the province will pull up a eagle model), and my cluster is in kph with miles as a secondary. So I do believe it is a GTX, The vin also says it was made in japan, which from what I have seen all the galant,2000gtx's were made there.

Vin numbers and all windows but the front windshield all are stamped mitsu. Which I have no idea is a sign it is a galant or just cause it was made in japan.

Regardless of what it is, the NT awd is definitely fun and not as slow as I thought it would be. Very surprised to find a knock sensor on the NT block. But that makes it easier for when I do the turbo swap =] Plus through corners with the new tires on its crazy what this thing will do. Don't think I will ever go back to fwd, I think Next I want to find myself a true vr4 galant or evo.

If you look close at the paint the guy I bought this off of painted wrong has a bit of orange peal to it. Once im all done with the motor and all that, I will fix that aswell. Still thinking I should do the flat black.

mr.mitsu

Looking good Jay!

Now we need to find you a bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I wish I could get myself a vr4 bumper. They are impossible to find here. For fear of shipping I have yet to bother trying to get one from the states or asking what someone would charge(plus the whole canadian to american money would be tricky). We are mounting my front mount this week. If we cant get it to fit behind that bumper I have to see about getting another one.

IncorpoRatedX

it will fit, assuming you use a small one.

Once I get a JDM front I'll gladly ship you the VR4 one that's on my GSX right now.

Closer pics of the grill? my grill emblem is chrome too but i made it that way, Couldnt source the stock chrome one.

Oh and the car looks great but try to ditch those chrome door handles, retouch the paint on the corners of the windshield trim and find some simpler wheels (imo) and it would look killer.
Otherwise, nice ride!

my GSX
click

Last edited by a moderator:

I would be very interested if you willing to ship to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will try to get closer picks of the grill tonight or tommorrow. I do want to get rid of the chrome but. I love the wheels too much I don't think I could part with them.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I like the wheels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts