The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX to VR4 swap

The_Big_Weave

Just picked up a GSX that was an auto and was swapped over to a VR4. The guy who did the swap was going all out, pulled the dash and engine and front subframe harness, the front harness was not put in so I had to put the harness in. The problem I am having is that when I put the harness in there are big white plugs that I can do not fit in the plug that should. I think I put the VR4 harness in but I have the gsx harness and I have not tried it. I have tail lights and brake light, no dash or interior, So I have no idea if I have any interior lights or dash stuff. Problem is that I can not get the car turn over or the blinkers or head lights. I done the neutral safety switch bypass.

I will have pics tomorrow. any info would help.

alansupra94

You should talk to GSXCONVERT. I am sure he can answer the majority of your questions.

The_Big_Weave

Got the dash and cluster in and I have lights in the center console and the power locks work. And the security light just stays on even when you turn the key off.nothing comes up on the cluster no matter what I try.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned