The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NewB have some qst

I just picked up a 90' galant gsx with 4g63t swap, I need a vr4 engine harness. So do I need to match the yr of the harness with the ecu? or can I run a 90' harness with a 91 or 92 turbo ecu? cuz I have a couple of dsm ecu's. Thanks.

SouthCaliVR4

There is no 90 galant vr4 in usdm trim. so while you can use a 90 turbo tel ecu with a 91-92 gvr4 harnes some pins need to be switched. 91-92 gvr4 ecu same same.

mountaineerjeff

if you are doing the swap, then the year of your car doesnt matter, just make sure the year of the ecu/engine sensors/wire harness match. you can use a TEL wire harness as well, there are some minor differences. but it should work easily, there are a lot of differences with the 1990 TEL so I would just be safe and use the 91-94. but if you get a vr4 harness then it should fit perfectly. It just comes down to a matter of what you have available. If you already have a 1g harness then use it. if you already have a 1g ecu use it too.

So what do you already have? then we can tell you the cheapest/easiest way to get this done.

What I was told is the ecu in the car right now is a 91 dsm turbo ecu but they tried to use the non turbo harness that was already on the car. So I wired in the resistor pack for the injectors and I had to switch some of the wires around, but just like b4 I messed with the harness… the car won’t run with a maf plugged in. I hooked it up to a 1g maf a 1g maf translator and even wired in a 2g maf and the car won’t run with a maf at all, only when its unplugged but it the car doesn’t like boost lol so I'm just going to get a turbo harness cuz they hacked this one up badly and I think it will solve all my problems. I just want to make sure if I get a 91 or greater vr4 harness does the ecu yr have to match. I want to get away from touching and hacking the harness if I can. Thanks guys

mountaineerjeff

yes, if you get a vr4 harness (usdm) then it will work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned