The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

mmcd dummy guide?

Kenny_Kline

Is there an mmcd guide/how to? I am trying mmcd for the first time tonight and it really sucks. There has to be an easier way to do this unless this is it. I am able to log my runs but to review them and make corrections is horrible! When reviewing the log, its a pain in the ass to look at and scroll. Also, I still have to figure out a way to upload to my computer and maybe then I can see what is going on. The graph is UESLESS.

Last edited:

cspetros

Quote:
There has to be an easier way to do this unless this is it.

Shell out the cash for PocketLogger if the "free"ness of MMCd doesn't make the learning curve worth the effort in your book. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do, it's invaluable for diagnostics. Another thing, you want the 1.8 version, not the 1.5 version available on the mmcd.sourceforge.net website. V.1.8 lets you display readings in large format in a 4x4 grid onscreen, so you can keep an eye on things while driving or whatever.

Here's the link to it (courtesy of Keydiver): MMCd Version 1.8

Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

At first it is kind of a PITA, but once you get it down its not bad. I've heard alot about PocketLogger, but never used it.

turbowop

IMO, Pocketlogger has a much better user interface. It used to be pretty expensive when you had to shell out for the software/cable, but now they sell a version without the cable for $39.95.

Rausch

click

This may get you a bit of info. It's obviously for teh Pocketlogger software, but might be helpful if you're truly new.

stevep

Both MMCd and Pocketlogger owe much to the TMO logger since it was the first widely available datalogger.
Read the docs for either the TMO logger or Pocketlogger and you have 90% of MMCd down.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned