The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

mbc mount

Epifool

I have a lower shores mbc, and wanna know how other guys mount em- i cant figure out a way to do it that keeps it in easy reach, and doesnt leave it jutting out, ready to chew on a knee, or kn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifuckle when shifting.

MellowVR4

When I had my stock radiator installed, I mounted my mbc on the top tab where a stock fan gets bolted to. I belive its the pass side, Hope that helps.

JCorbo25

That's where i have mine mounted, at the top of the radiator on one of the mounts.

G

Staff member
I would mount it somewhere away from any heat source or vibration.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
MBC's are supposed to work best when the vacuum lines are shortest, ie between the turbo and the BOV.
There is no point to mounting the MBC in the car, because you are generally setting it to one setting and leaving it there. If you want to set it to something else, you are likely at the track and will be opening the hood a few times anyways.

There are other electronic boost controllers that allow in car mounting? Correct?

ktmrider

^^ Yes on remote control, Hallman for one.

Install as usual in the engine bay then run a manual adjuster into the cabin. Way better than 10+ feet of vac hose.

However here comes the "I'm broke and can't afford the (right) Hallman product".

James

Mines mounted on my 2gMAF because I have the injen adaptor and it bolts nicely onto that

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned