The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bumper Removal

jmorri15

Ive searched and I cannot find a clear description on what to look for under the hood to remove the bumper. I managed to figure out how to pull the engine but this keeps screwing with me. Since I am waiting for my block to get back from the machine shop I figured this would be the perfect time to mount my intercooler but I cant figure out how to get the bumper off.
I know its most likely a ridiculously easy/simple operation Im just having a super long blonde moment.

SouthCaliVR4

first you'll need a length of chain & a truck with a hitch....

Ok four clips underneth, bolt at the wheel well of each fender, damn if I can remember the usdm one I think one bolt is behind the turn signal & maybe one underneath on each side... then it just slides off, Oh unplug the harnes.

OMFGeofffff

The main 4 bolts are the hardest. One behind each turn signal. Careful with those I managed to snap one. Then there's 2 more you have to get to from under the bumper. I want to say their very close to where the signals are and you'll want a pretty long extension. It's pretty far up there. Then there's some bolts on the both ends of the bumper that need to come off.

jmorri15

damn i kept searching +removal. lol. figures it'd be remove. thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned