The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Make steering response quicker?

Brunoboy

Without the use of a Quickener. I put my BC coils in and I like the way they feel and all but I want to know if theres a way to make steering response better without the use of a quickener?
-Shane

dammitjim

Smaller steering wheel, stiffer sidewall tires, better tires.

Last edited:

misterfixit

Check the p/n or the rack (the core rack/piston) of the stock vr4 rack and the same on an eps rack off a 2wd.

The eps I believe is the quickest rack on these. I have a feeling they use the same rack and valve core though. If not you could use the eps guts in the 4ws casing. All are made by koyo.

Rich

turbohf

Quaife gears.

Replace all of your suspension bushings with poly bits. Helped my car tremendously. It doesn't change the ratio obviously, but it helps with road feel and respomse time.

Brunoboy

im just questimating but for all the poly stuff. its abouts $500+ for all of it right?

Brunoboy

i got an alignment the other day before i posted this, Front left camber is 0 Right is -1.2 Back Left is -2.4 and back right is -2.1 I have to adjust height and camber a bit. This is all on BC Coils and 17x7.5 rims +45 and 215/40/17's

Quoting brunoboy:
im just questimating but for all the poly stuff. its abouts $500+ for all of it right?

I can't remember how much I paid but it was under $250 for the front only. The real "cost" of the poly bits is the time involved in installation.

ApexHunter

Here's a good thread from the archives: click

Mark Rieb's recommendations are right on. I would definitely try 1/32" - 1/16" toe out to heighten initial response if you don't mind slightly accelerated tire wear.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned