The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No power steering

i swapped in a 92 talon 4bolt rearend and subframe looped the 4ws lines, and took out the ps pump because the old one was leaking on my altenator. I drove it this way for about 100 miles before i put another pump in.
There is no power steering at all felt the same as not having the pump in, so i put another ps pump in and its still the same.
I tried to bleed it by turning the wheel lock to lock but didnt help. i dont feel any assist at all.
Did i ruin the steering rack?

brisvr4

Which lines did you loop? Did you also block off the high pressure lines that run to the rear at the rack itself?

yeah tension is good
i looped the two big lines and two smaller ones that run back to the 4ws
ill try and snap some pics when i get some time

could it be his spool valve? could crossing those lines do that?

i got another rack if you need it. im located in fontana ca.

thanks for the offer but if i change the rack ill put in one from a awd turbo eclipse 5speed

mitsuturbo

Subscribing.
I'm curious to know the outcome of this issue.

Have you tried testing the pump somehow? Maybe it needs to be "primed" in some fashion?

mitsuturbo

Quoting geno:
could it be his spool valve? could crossing those lines do that?

i got another rack if you need it. im located in fontana ca.

Operational 4ws rack? I may want it if you have it after a few weeks. Don't throw it out or anything, if you can help it.

got two dsm racks. one from a gs and another from a tsi. they have to be awd to fit?

sorry, didnt mean to thread jack. just offering some local help.

Last edited by a moderator:

does anyone have a good working ps pump id like to try one that i know works and go from there
geno the awd 5speeds have a similar turning radius i think fwd fit but turning radius wont be as good

Last edited by a moderator:

mitsuturbo

I have a good PS pump. I'm putting a 2g pump in my car, so i won't be needing this one. Before i moved i had like 4 spares, but i tossed them when i moved... no room for them.

What's a fair price for a PS pump out of a 92 that appears to have never leaked? I still haven't even cracked either hose loose on this thing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned