The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lifter Discussion

SleepinGVR4

Anyone ever mod their lifters like this? click

The argument is that if your revving above 8K RPMs its better to use the 1st gen lifters compared to the revised 3rd gen lifters.

Discuss...

EHmotorsports

I would like to know the failure rate of engines equipped with 3G lifters VS 1g's. This is the first I've heard of lower ends failing due to 3G lifter install.

5OF2k

That's interesting, i've never heard that before. Also never had any problems revving over 8k with 3g lifters.... Matter of fact, my old head (with 3g lifters) is on a low ten second, 9500rpm talon for the last 3yrs

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I read some if this on Tuners. Guy is a real believer, but I don't see that he has any real factual support for either of his theories.

Mitsu has been using the new style on Evo's for years. Hard to consider they did not test above 8k.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned