The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Modified 1G Lifters Instead Of 3G Lifters What Do You Guys Think??

James

That's an odd and vague statement to make. If they are sold as revised lifters ill call them revised lifters.

click

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Yeah, vague as usual and not correct. There have been design changes to the Mitsu lifters (even the OE versions). The Evo ones have the large hole same as these "revised" ones do.

4thStroke

I would think that if a design hadn't held the test of time after so many years, Mitsu wouldn't have bothered with a 3G lifter. Maybe it's just me, though.

I'm not saying that the porting doesn't help, but I wouldn't venture to say that the 3G lifters are pointless by now.

G

Staff member
Never revised for the galant. Just new designs for new motors. Like evo and 3g eclipse.

James

I think you are on the drugs.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting G:
Never revised for the galant. Just new designs for new motors. Like evo and 3g eclipse.

Guess what? If you look up a lifter in CAPS for the E39 Galant, it supercedes to the Evo p/n, MD377054. Hmmm, revised or improved design for the Galant. Fancy that.

BTW, "3g" lifters (4G63 type and size) do not refer to the 3g Eclipse, and don't even fit either engine available in that car (no DOHC design).

JNR

Regardless of whether it was revised or not, what causes the ticking on the "original" ones? Is the hole too small or something and gets crapola in it? Just wondering for my own info.

LIV4PSI

Yes, the hole is too small.

Last edited:

JNR

Thanks...makes sense then as to why they wouldn't work right (tick).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned