The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lets talk wheel alignment

citymunky

So I was looking into wheel alignments on DSM/Galants, and I never find the same answer.

I going to need to alignment my car soon, but before I pay a shop to do a wheel alignment I want to make sure my camber/caster/toe can be adjusted with a stock suspension. I was told I have a 1g spring and shocks on my GVR4, I'm not sure if my car is dropped a little because of this, but I have no plans to drop the car any lower that it is now. In your guys opinion would I have to buy a "camber kit" to get my car within spec?

I seen stuff like camber bolt kits, camber plates, rear camber bushing kits, rear camber arms, rear toe eliminator kit. I don't want to spend money on something I really didn' t need in the first place.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Front suspension- only toe is adjustable without additional parts, such as camber bolts or camber plates, caster bushings. If it is only slightly dropped, you can live with it probably, or even desirably. I had 1g springs with about 1" drop on 855 originally. It had slight negative camber, but the amount was ok and desirable to me. IIRC it was about 1 degree, maybe 1.5.

Rear- toe is adjustable and so is camber, slightly. Again, with moderate lowering and accepting some negative camber you many not need other parts. There are options for the rear, such as camber bushings or adjustable upper arms.
I don't remember the rear camber with the springs mentioned above, but it was acceptable again though not exactly perhaps within spec (slight rear negative camber with proper toe settings will not wear tires excessively.

vr4play

The front doesn't have a camber adjustment per the manual but it does have a 2 bolt strut with some slop. Should be able to get them even anyways. These cars are camber challenged stock so lowering it should help. If its off side to side any respectable alignment shop should be able to fix it by grinding the strut holes a bit or just using slightly smaller bolts. The rear should have plenty of adjustment as long as the adjusters aren't frozen. Make sure they know how to adjust the rear toe properly if you still have 4ws. The rear rack needs to be disconnected and the toe adjusted then the tie rods adjusted to fit back into the trailing arms.

Last edited:

citymunky

Thanks guys!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned