The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Shocks, lowering springs, alignment kits.

Iggy

I'm thinking about picking up some H&R lowering springs, mostly do to the price. My car needs an alignment anyway since I had to replace a tie rod end, so if I'm ever going to lower it now is the time.
If I'm going to replace the springs I may as well replace the shock since they might be 25 years, and 155,00 miles old.

My question is will AWD TEL shocks work on the GVR4 front and rear? I I looked around and couldn't find an answer on here.

Also what are your recommendations for alignment kits? No one wants embarrassing camber wear after a mild drop. Do the TEL kits fit?

EfiniX

How much are you dropping the car? There's a certain amount of adjustment you can make without a kit, IIRC. I would recommend not dropping too much if you have a big, AM exhaust. I've got 3" all the way to the back and anything more than 2" would put that pipe on the ground nearly everyday.

Iggy

the H&R springs are 1.5"- 1.8" drop.

EfiniX

Don't take my word for it, but you may be ok without the kit.

I've got coil overs and after much consideration and driving, I'm at a fairly stock ride height and find it to be best for my needs

diambo4life

Mine sits low with no alignmnt kit. Drives straight and excellent tire wear with my eyeball alignment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Iggy

That suspension are you on?

prove_it

Rear suspension has camber adjustment, your fine up to a 2in drop, the front camber will still be mild.

KiNgMaRtY

The H&R Springs really do not bring the car down too much. You will never scape with that height. As for the rear, you may want to cut a dead coil or too because it will be very racked.

As for struts, 1g specifics fit and due to availability options, get Koni front inserts and AGX rears unless you can score a set of Koni rears (discontinued for 1g)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts