The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just ordered ecm link

Brunoboy

i use a small flat head screwdriver.... pry slowly

yeti

so this is my first data log on ecm link... and i have 6.3 counts of knock at the highest point is that bad?

also everytime i hit boost for about 3 seconds it slams and sputters out.

oh and idle raises to 2200 rpm upon a cold start and about 400rpms once warm.

idle surges the whole time until warm

o and a check engine light code 14 i think how do i view check engine lights?

Make sure you log into the ecmlink forums, you can get alot of help on how to do things there. I'll be using the Evo 8 Ralliart tune as my base tune. I found it on there.

yeti

i didnt know you could download preloaded tunes.

ive got a duplicate of this thread on the ecm forums and they are preety knowledgeable.

oh and viewing my log i have 7.4* knock/degrees which is like 23 counts of knock?
perdy bad...
this is the way everything was setup i havent adjusted any setting's
and the car tuns the same as it had before i plugged the link in so no issue there.
and someone said my tps voltage was (.43v at 0%throttle) and (.4v at 0% throttle) in other spots

OMFGeofffff

Check your connector at the tps. Also try a different tps or adjust it correctly. Also I don't want to sound like a dick but you should also try to use spell check and and proper grammar. It's frustrating actually TRYING to read something when you should be able to read through it and understand the first time.

Adorsey

you can simulate the tps also, so you dont even need the sensor plugged in

yeti

sorry I have been really trying to look over my posts before i send them out.

My apologies i will be reviewing my posts before hand

yeti

how do i simulate sensors, i just figured out how to add captured values.(like TPS voltage,, and AFR est.) are now added to my log...

i am going to go watch some ecm tuning demos now

Last edited:

boostedinaz

^^^^^^

Here is my advice. Stop just asking questions and read about the product you have already purchased. You will be amazed how much info you can find by just looking and reading and not hoping to be spoon fed.

Yes I know you are new to all this, but so was everyone else at some point. If you don't take on the task of learning for yourself then you will be nothing but frustrated.

Last edited:

1qkfwd

You should be posting over there on the link forums. Thats what they are there for. Read the entire wiki section before you ask questions though. It explains all about ecmlink and all the functions of ecmlink. From there if you have questions post up in the forums and im sure you will get your anwsers. If you dont read through the wiki first be prepared to get flamed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned