The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just got my vr4 dynoed?

just had my vr4 dynoed on a stock engine, head, turbo, 255lph fuel pump, fmic, 3" exhaust, kn filter, boost controller, Keydiver stage 3 ecu. put down 187hp 194tq at 14-15psi with 13.1 AFR. Good, Bad, or Normal? sounds normal to me, just wondering what you guys think?

3rdstrikedsm

13:1 afr, I hope youare joking?

Yes, seriously actually the afr was 13.3 after looking at the printout. whats your guys opinion?

4thStroke

You need to richen it up, a lot. It depends on whos tuning and what their preferred AFR is, but 11- 11.5:1 is a good range.

3rdstrikedsm

Ever seen a plasma cutter in action? Run that afr any longer and you will get a sweet little piece of slag that used to be your piston.
Hey at least it makes as much hp as a mustang /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

turbofonz

Uhhh, that's going to make things worse.

Honestly, depending on the dyno used, I'd expect a little over 200whp with those mods.

Last edited:

Lonewolf64

Quoting Nealfly:
haha, im trying. i think ill throw about 10 more psi at it

You serious? We recommend RICHENING the AFR and you say you'll just throw more boost at it? GFTO troll. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Our cars came stock with more hp and torque than that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

pot

Staff member
My Dyno sheet may give you a baseline as 183 has no modifications less the BCS restrictor removed. Full weight with 88K on the clock. I pulled:

174 (WHP)
191 (Ft lb)
14.4 (AFR)
13.5 (Boost)

*The Dyno operator was an idiot so ignore the "MIN" and "AVG."

Muskrat

Quoting Dbossman:
Our cars came stock with more hp and torque than that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Stock rated HP was 195 bHP (brake horsepower, or power at the crank.) He's reporting wheel horsepower, which takes into account drivetrain losses. A stock car probably only put 150 HP or so to the wheels.

mikus

ease up fellas... newb, it shouldn't be that out of whack with a matching ecu chip. Do you know 100% that this chip matches the mods, did you change something after getting it?

belize1334

Edit

I looked at the dyno sheet more carefully. 14.5 is your leanest value. The value under heavy boost was 11.5 which is still a touch on the lean side for a stock GVR-4 but probably nothing to be worried about.

Last edited:

No i didn`t change anything it was tuned for 450cc injectors-stock, gvr4 maf, How could i richen it up? FPR? Clogged fuel filter? Recheck timing? My dsm has been sitting for about 2 years since its been running. Everything is stock with bolt on and no i was just joking, i`m not goin to throw any more boost. when we were adjusting the boost controller it would jump to 20 psi and i`d back off of it but it was making over 200tq on those runs. It was a awd dyno too. thanks everyone

3rdstrikedsm

On a mustang dyno that is not to bad with the little mods you have.

belize1334

Quoting Nealfly:
How could i richen it up?

Rewire the fuel pump. That should help.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned