The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JNZ Motor mount ???

deez

Okay, I just got the drivers side motor mount from JNZ with a new bushing, and its different than stock. And maybe this is intentional, I dont know. the stock mount has the arm that extends to the front of the engine bay and attaches with 2 studs, then at the back with 2 bolts. The one they sent has the front attach point cut off at the bushing. I figure they do this because the extra isnt needed with the Prothane bushing, but I figure I should ask. Will just the 2 bolts be enough to support the motor?
Thanks

deez

Both the DSM and Galant mount are 'L' shaped from the factory. They cut that part off to save a bit of weight, clean up the engine bay, and because it's really not necessary. Lots of people "modify" the mount like that. Mine is like that and it's just fine. I would just install it the way they have it. I also cut off the portion with the 2 studs just above where the power steering mounts up. It'll save you about 2lbs and give you better traction for the hole shot.

ktmrider

+1, it also makes belt adjustments and alt removal a million times easier.

bazeng

I've cut mine but I don't have power steering (running an electric pump).

I always thought DSM's had those hence the idea of cutting mine should be ok.

CarRacer

I cut mine the same as Jesse did. The part for the 1G mount probably superceded to the 2G mount as it's my understanding 2G's came stock with the shorter mount.

Chopping off the part where that arm bolts to in the front of the engine also makes exhaust manifold removal easier.

gtluke

and they are aluminum. do they fit?

Quoting gtluke:
and they are aluminum. do they fit?

Are you asking about the 2G mount? I don't know for sure, but I suspect they do not fit a 1G/GVR4. From pics I've seen the bolt holes appear to be in a different position.

CarRacer

I know MAP has recently offered all four motor mounts in alumnum with different density bushings.

Edit: Added Link

Last edited:

1990ggsxnj

I never thought of doing that either. I just finished my timing belt install on the GGSX Today and before I put the cover and belts back on, will surely do that. What was the purpose in the first place if it's not needed?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned