The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

motor mount vibration?

adamvr4

i installed my polyurethane motor mounts and it vibrates like hell inside the car. I understand it going to do that but someone had told me i could change, i think the rear or front mount back to stock and it will eliminate the vibration in the car. Is this true? If so, which mount?

autobahntom

Did you change all four? For mine, the big vibration came with the mount by the timing belt. Leave the front and rear there as they take up the 'twist' by the motor when there is a load on it.
Tom

Gordian79

Leave front and rear in take out tranny and tbelt ones off.

True. The front and rear ones are attached to subframes...those subframes have rubber mounts of their own so it gives less vibration. the t-belt and tranny ones are bolted straight to the frame so they cause the most vibration

VR_IV_MR

if you had to single out one of the motor mounts for being responsible for the most vibrations AT IDLE, which one would it be? part number?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I was told that the transmission mount will make the car vibrate the most.
So I only did the front/rear/timing belt ones. Yes it vibrates but that's what happens with solid/stiff motor mounts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned