The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

motor mount location

talontyme

okay so i was looking in the engine bay today and noticed that there was no lower front motor mount is that right?car has poly ds,trans,and rear mounts but nothing in the front and it also looks like it has two front cross members.

AnotherNewb

There should be a front lower mount bolted to the block and front cross member, if your missing one you need to find a galant specific one, it will be marked "344". One from a DSM WILL NOT work.

talontyme

So after a little research I'am missing the lower front mount /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif so unless someone here has one to sell it looks like the 99gst racer piece for me.

Last edited:

talontyme

just found out it was the cross member piece missing so i got one from throughfaith323(ED) thanks again man.

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting TrendSetter:
its missing on my car too. I don't mind, more room for downpipe.

This will lead to the downpipe bouncing off the crossmember, your trans slave cylinder getting crushed, etc. Not a good idea, but I don't mind you wrecking your car.

i agree. wrecking a dsm is never a bad thing. it would probably be one of the best things to happen to me actually.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts