The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM projector fogs

H05TYL

on facelift jdm cars the marker (side/park) lights are in the headlights, and the indicators (turn signals) are in the corners, beside the headlights. so there's only 1 indicator (turn signal) per side.

on pre-facelift jdm cars the marker (side/park) lights are in the corners beside the headlights, along with the indicators (turn signals), but they also have indicators (turn signals) next to the fog lights. so there are 2 indicators (turn signals) per side.

hope that makes sense.

deez

I'm confused on facelift vs. prefacelift. I didn't realize there are 2 different bumpers

brisvr4

Here is a comparison for facelift vs pre-facelift front ends for you.
1.Pre-facelift, indicators in bumper with fogs lights.

2. Facelift.

If you go with the facelift option you will need to convert your corner lights into indicators and I would also put in a set of facelift headlights with the city lights ( park lights ) in them.

Last edited:

deez

Interesting, I didnt realize there were two different fronts. It looks like the only difference is the fogs, correct?

brisvr4

Pretty much, the pre-facelift bar has the turn signals in the bar with the fog lights while the facelift has them up next to the head lights.
Facelift also has the park lights in the headlight.
There is also a difference in the way that the fogs mount in each bar too.
The prefacelift has a vertical bar in the centre of the hole where the fog light bolts in.

Last edited:

Wilfongtsi

Do you have any night shots with the different lights on? I saw some pics on here before but can't find em now.

brisvr4

The shots are in this thread.
It also shows the Pre-facelift bar with the vertical bar that you have to remove to fit the facelift fogs.
Click Me

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned