The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

jdm gvr4 vs us gvr4

misterfixit

Quoting tintoy:
e-e39a spnf

Thats the model code..
whats the vin kuya?

Rich

tintoy

this are the details in the firewall- model; e-e39a, chassis no e39a-xxxxxxx, engine 4g63, trans axle km225 3645, color trim option h84

fuel

he wants to know the chassis number, ie the E39A-00xxxxx where x's represent numbers he needs.

misterfixit

then we can tell you exactly when your car was made. is yours lhd or rhd. I didn't think it was posible to register rhd in the philippines without lto insisting on a conversion.

Rich

fuel

part number is MD171249 if that means anything.

H05TYL

Is that the same part no as 'normal' vr4s?

fuel

gimme some chassis numbers and I'll carjam them and check. Jade's '91 automatic VR-4 AFM is MD140241

fuel

Your silver one is MD140241 too.

H05TYL

I'd completely forgotten I'd put the chassis no's in my sig, was just about to go out in the cold to see what they were :p

fuel

ahh I am so blind haha! I just carjammed 'ZD1010' and saw it had been changed to H05TYL so couldn't figure out what the plate of your black one now is.

One thing I saw though, why is your silver one now de-registered??

fuel

Your black one is also MD140241. Given that we've now covered a pre-facelift '88, facelift '90 and an automatic facelift '91 model it appears that yes the Evolution models DO have a different AFM.

Last edited:

H05TYL

Quoting fuel:
ahh I am so blind haha! I just carjammed 'ZD1010' and saw it had been changed to H05TYL so couldn't figure out what the plate of your black one now is.

One thing I saw though, why is your silver one now de-registered??

Long story short, the site I was working on finished, so I had no work, I got a huge dental bill, leaving me with no money when the rego was due - I went to put it on hold and was told I needed to pay for the month that was owing on it (not sure when they changed this rule, it used to be that you just paid the owing when you took it off hold?) which I wasn't able to do. Then due to a combination of unexpected bills/sporadic work I was never in a position to sort it out.

What a novel :S

Anyway, I'll get it re-vinned once I've sorted out the black car/got a proper job (currently still doing odd days here and there).

Black car is now reg'd as EUP952, though those plates aren't actually ON it...

fuel

I think the rule is if the rego is more than two months outstanding then you need to backpay up to the date the rego expired before you can put the rego on hold. If it's less than two months since the rego expired then it's free to place it on hold, but the on hold date starts the date you placed it on hold rather than when the rego expired.

tintoy

do USDM gvr4 have a galant printed at the quarter window and a rear wiper? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

i think only jdm have rear wiper..is it right??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

misterfixit

And Australia.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned