The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

differences

NickDromez

alright, im sorry for asking this, but im really not getting the whole 1g, 2g, jdm evo3-4/usdm evo 8-9, dsm thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. i want to buy parts for my car, i know enough about cars to figure out wether a part will fit or not, but i have no clue what cars are compatible with the gvr4. so i come here asking if someone has a clear explanation of what 2g, 1g and dsm cars are. and what is the difference between the jdm and usdm evos? please and thanks

1G applies to all 1990-1994 mits eclipse, eagle talon, and plymouth laser.

2G = 1995-1999 eclipse and talon.

The evo 3 is the evo that shares the same basic engine design with our cars and things like turbo and O2 housing are upgrades for us.

Jdm = japanese spec

Usdm = united states spec

Evo 8, 9, and 10 = evos available in U.S.

Unfortunately there is way to much to go over when it comes to parts interchange ability. In a nut shell, for suspension and engine hard parts, look to the 1G. 2G non-turbo cars are worthless to you. For (some) engine electronics, look to 2G turbo cars and evo 8+. Most will have to come from 1G's though. JDM galants give us cool body parts. Evo 8's are good for seats and springs/struts.

Hope that helps.

NickDromez

thank you. thats exactly what i need. i know alot about jdm car, just absolutly nothing about the 1g and 2g cars, iv actually never even heard of DSM untill i joined these forums

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned