The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

16g?

tintoy

Im using a big 16g jdm gvr4 and planning to upgrade to a big 16g evo3. What are the difference between the big 16g gvr4, evo1, evo2 and evo3 turbo? Is there a big difference in low and high power between those turbos? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

LIV4PSI

The EVOIII isn't a huge upgrade over a big 16g. Unless the price is right, I wouldn't think it was worth it.

Tre3zy

spools a lil faster and flow a lil better... like said i wouldnt upgrade unless you get an evo3 for a steal

5OF2k

It's a fairly noticeable difference in spool characteristics over the standard b16g, but not enough to warrant shelling out the coin for a E3 16g, in my opinion. Which hotside are you running with your 16g?

DDM

I cant even tell the difference tell you the truth. I bough the car with a big 16g and now i have an evo3 16g.

LIV4PSI

Alot, the EVO VIII turbo has much more potential. Its not a direct bolt on though.

Specter

Yes its not a direct bolt on. I am looking forward to do a swap to evo 8 16g after few days. Lets see how it goes, will post up a thread.

tintoy

If i port my big 16g gvr turbo x manifold, compressor housing, turbine housing and 02 housing will i match the e3 big16g?

LIV4PSI

No, the difference is alot more than just porting.

ktmrider

^^ This, search what makes an EVO3 turbo and E3 turbo ( hint, it's in the center shaft and exhaust wheel material ).

alansupra94

You can leave it as is to be honest. The only thing people usually port is the O2 housing IF they didn't get an EVO3 O2 housing as well as porting the manifold to get it to flow more.

tintoy

Is it ok to match port the x manifold to head, compressor housing to turbine , turbine to O2 and o2 to dnow pipe?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned