The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is injector installed correctly?

vtecds1

Looks like it's going to be a long night trying to get the car to the MOD event tomorrow. I'll try and post up my results either tonight or sometime this weekend.

JNR

Sorry took so long, but here's a pic I took of the Denso and FIC side by side and while the angle isn;t the best, you can better see the difference in the way they sit, fwiw:

gvr4ever

Quoting vtecds1:
They are PTE 1200cc, but the guy that tuned my car..iirc, said they almost behaved like the FIC 1050 or 1100. I have to look back to see if I have it on my email but it might of been verbal.

Looks to be seated ok, but I have not seen any pics on the net to compare it to. I've done multiple blt and found none including the IM and the injector seal. If anyone out there can take a pic of their setup, PTE or not...It would be greatly appreciated.

JNR- Post pics of what you did for for future reference. And heres a close up pic of the injector again...

In the first pic, the light hit it just so, it almost looked like metal on metal...

They should be good to go. As already suggested, a boost leak test will let you know if they are sealed or not.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned