The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intermittent no spark on cyl 2 and 3

kitcho

Ok this is driving me crazy.

I replaced the coil pack about 3 months ago as cyl 1 and 4 had no spark. The used coil pack I picked up worked fine up until about a month ago, when I started dropping cylinders 2 and 3 intermittently.

Now when I try to start my car, most of the time it will only run on cylinder 1 and 4. Other times, it will start and idle perfectly.

I have replaced the CAS with another unit and it has made no difference at all.
The CAS is getting 12v at the plug, and the ground seems to be good as well. I have not tested the two wires that go to the ECU yet though. I have swapped power transistors as well, with no effect.

What else should I be looking at?

Thanks,
Adrian

kitcho

I have 8.5mm magnecor wires. After searching, it seems others have had issues with magnecor wires causing misfires/problems and ruining coil packs. I understand its a bit of a stretch, but could plug wires cause coil packs to fail prematurely?

thanks

kitcho

Beaner was correct. A new coil pack solved my problem.

Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned