The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Interesting find.

prove_it

I was looking around trying to find some cheap extended wheel studs and I came across this site.
Looking around I found these 4WS delete bars for the 3000GT/Stealth and was wondering if would work on VR4's too.

4WS delete arms

If these work I think its a great way to eliminate active toe and delete 4WS cant bet the price either.

SouthCaliVR4

The weld up is better than either example IMOHO & if you can weld will cost you two bushings. about $3 for me & then I'm installing polly bushings.

I'm actually taking mine in for an alignment Sunday, I have a ridiculous amount of toe on the drivers side. I don't know what it's supposed to look like stock or modified under there, but I don't have functioning 4ws. (I can see that the ps line is plugged with a bolt and my 4ws light is on)

What should I look for/make sure is done to the rear before I take it in for alignment?

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

Damn why can't we have tech threads like that anymore.......

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
The weld up is better than either example IMOHO & if you can weld will cost you two bushings. about $3 for me & then I'm installing polly bushings.

Please tell me how this is done? I'm in there now and looking to make the delete correct.

SouthCaliVR4

The quick way: remove the trailing arms & cut the rubber out of the forward end till it's slightly below the level of the collar that ends the tube of the trailing arm. go to the hardware store & get the biggest thickest washers they sell. At lowes it was 1 1/16th and about an 8th of an inch thick. you'll need two, get a few in case you f*#k one up.

Cut the two washers in half. grind the center hole open till the two halves will come together around The end link pin. In a perfect world the outside diameter will be slightly less than the outside of the collar but close will do.

Weld them to the link & the housing. the remaining rubber inside will hold the link in the correct position so its a no brainer, you don't remove the pivot bolt either. just weld the pin to the collar using the washers as large spacers, the bolt keeps things lined up & triangulated for strength.

bam your done, grind the welds pretty paint them up & put em back.

You'll need an alignment with the rear toe set to zero OE is -3 I think & you will be scrubbing tires at that setting with this mod.

Mine are fully welded with the bolt & all rubber/plastic removed but that gets complicated maintaining all the correct geometry & I wouldn't have a clue how to impart how to do it. If I ever have any free time I could to photo step by step but honestly, the method above works just fine.

Last edited:

H05TYL

I did the above but cut my own 'C' shaped washers out of 5mm steel plate, made them an interference fit and welded them aswell for good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned