The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

In-car MPI cut off switch?

mr.mitsu

We all know it's necessary to pull the MPI fuse under the hood as part of a post turbo install. Has anyone ran a switch to inside the car to open/close the circuit at will? Is it as easy as it sounds?

Thanks for reading my post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SouthCaliVR4

I may have just such a switch in my car to prevent easy theft. mines on a different wire due to not wanting the comp to relearn every time I park but no reason you couldn't run one in line on that one. of course my 3000gt was taken with a flatbed tow truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif, switch ain't gonna stop that. This one may have a gps phone hard wired in it somewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif so I can find her if she comes up missing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif I didn't want a lojack & have found the police to be less than helpful in chasing down stolen cars.

stevep

How often you you need to do that? Murphy's law states that no matter how well you protect it you'll manage to switch it off when that semi is headed right at you.

If your thinking theft prevention there are many places you can insert a switch that will disable the car. Fuel pump, ignition to the ECU, MPI relay, etc.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned