The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ground off spots for ECU to set BISS in galant GSX

James

I found the under hood plug to ground... But can't find the under dash plug. It's not next to the fuse box like the turbo models?

James

No help here?

James

Thank to for that great page of information.

Sadly I asked for a galant GSX locations. I don't have a 1g eclipse 2g eclipse or a vr4. The plug is not in the normal turbo DSM location. Else I wouldn't be asking.

I think I've been in the DSM world longer than most. And I think I've read over Vfaq well over 500,000 times since its existence.

Last edited:

2000GTX

I'm looking for this information as well. Someone has got to know.

fuel

then why come to a VR-4 specific forum and complain about not finding non VR-4 info?

I would have thought all that was required is grounding the plug on the firewall and then adjust timing.

James

The same reason all the other galant GSX members come here. The same reason you have Evo and DSM members. Because we all share a common interest and would hope to help one another.

There are two parts to ground off when correctly setting the BISS in the turbo models. I would assume there is also 2 in the non turbo models since the motor is the same. One is on the passenger side near te fender, one in under the sash usually just right of the fuse box. Mine is not there. I'm to assume the location is different on a galant GSX. Thus me asking, as I'm sure in 23 years someone with a galant GSX has set their BISS correctly.

fuel

Are you positive there are two locations you need to ground on a turbo 1G or GVR-4? Of all the times I've set the timing it's been fine grounding the terminal on the firewall only. VFAQ lists for both the 1G turbo and 2.0 engines and only makes mention of the terminal on the firewall - where are you getting your info that two locations need to be grounded? The connector under the dash is the diagnostics port, though the N/A should still have it there present.

VFAQ articles - click and click

holeshotmoe

If you're refering to "Basic Idle Speed Adjustment" and not using a scan tool (which would establish the required ground), you need to connect a meter to the one under the hood and ground the "diagnostic test mode control" terminal in the data link connector (which on my ggsx was right next to the fuse box)...

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting fuel:
Are you positive there are two locations you need to ground on a turbo 1G or GVR-4? Of all the times I've set the timing it's been fine grounding the terminal on the firewall only. VFAQ lists for both the 1G turbo and 2.0 engines and only makes mention of the terminal on the firewall - where are you getting your info that two locations need to be grounded? The connector under the dash is the diagnostics port, though the N/A should still have it there present.

VFAQ articles - click and click

When adjusting base timing, only the firewall connector is to be grounded. When adjusting the BISS, both the firewall connector and a pin on the diagnostic port under the dash require grounding.

fuel

Gotcha. Sounds like his diagnostic port has gone AWOL?

James

I'll look for a third time after work today. But im 99% sure it's not near the fuse box as it should be! Thanks for the real answers

Mine stock,was covered with a black plug cap. Making it hard to see. But it was there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts