The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How many VR4s are left

JB

my galant adopted number 879 of 1000. its sidelined right now for a manual steering rack swap.

1143/2000 is still running. Currently undergoing rebuild.

Last edited by a moderator:

When I got mine it had no badge, the dash was in sad shape. I found a VR4 dash but the badge is from a 92, I don't really care but I was wondering if there was a way to find what # it is? I heard its impossible to track because they just put them on when they came to the US, anyone know if thats true?

Howie

754/1000 is alive and semi-well, needs a tune and exhaust.

steve

Quote:
When I got mine it had no badge, the dash was in sad shape. I found a VR4 dash but the badge is from a 92, I don't really care but I was wondering if there was a way to find what # it is? I heard its impossible to track because they just put them on when they came to the US, anyone know if thats true?

That is true. The only longshot is that iceman69510 already acquired your VIN and badge# from a previous owner, before the badge was lost.

I owned a white 92 that didnt have a badge on it and some of the dash was messed up, but it got hit in the rear an totaled out. It still drove, so it may have been fixed and sold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

DR1665

I'm on the list. Wo0t!

195/2000 has been sitting in the driveway on jackstands (much to my neighbors' chagrin) for about two weeks. All I have to do is clean up the intake manifold, clean up the donor exhaust manifold and turbo, bolt them onto the tired, buy-me-some-downtime-for-the-Talon-before-the-shootout donor motor, and wind up some new belts before I take the hood off again and hopefully bring her back to life as a well-worn DD.

Just going to clean this one up and do some basics, but it will live again.

rez

#66/2000 (aka one six away from evil) has been down since Thanksgiving. I just recently found a way to finance a rebuild/upgrade from broken/stock. Two broken valves were the culprit. Besides installing a rebuilt head & doing the timing belt, I'm putting on 2g ex. manifold & o2 housing, full 2.5" exhaust, walbro 255, Megan Racing AFPR, 16g, mbc, socketed eprom, tmo stage 3 chip, centerforce clutch, and evo suspension. Should have it running in a month, and all upgrades should be done in 2-3 months.

You can add two more to the list...i know where 633/1000 is and she runs good cuz i've kept an eye on it now for awhile and needless to say it moves on a weekly basis. #89/2000 is also rolling around. I've seen it twice now and talked to the guy for like a minute or so...he was in a hurry its got 191,000 on it and some problem with idling. Those are two that i know of that were not on the list. #633 is gray and #89 is green..thats about all i know for now but if i ever get a hold of either owner i'll keep everyone posted!

Hertz

Staff member
Quote:
You can add two more to the list...

Add it to your profile, the list is just a dump of all of our profiles.

steve

Quote:
1893 in tha' house. Semi-daily driver.

More pics? She looks good.

mitsu90

866/1000 is owned by a friend of mine and its under going a motor build. it should be out and about mid summer.

Hmmm, I see 1440 on the list. Must be an old alias. If I'm not mistaken, it's been crushed due to damage. I'll check the dash when I get home but I'm pretty sure it was 1440. I know it wasn't rebuilt. 1901 is almost back on the road! I just gotta get my transfer case and install it! It will then be my DD, although I don't drive daily.

-Josh

DR1665

Quote:
1893 in tha' house. Semi-daily driver.

Nice! Hope mine looks half as good by the end of the year! (I swear. I must be the only person who bought one that doesn't run. WTF!)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned