The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How do you take out the auto seat belts?

SmoothCustomer

I'm in the middle of doing my manual seat belt install and I can't figure out how to get the part of the auto assembly off where it attaches to the A-Pillar. I already got it out of the b-pillar but I can't seem to figure this out. If nobody knows I will probably just end up pulling on it hard enough to break it, but I didn't really want to do that hence the post.
Thanks!

Barnes

Did you take all the trim off? A and B pillar, and the trim piece that runs front-to-back just below the headliner? Got a picture of where the hang up is? If I recall it comes right out, but the contraption is huge so you have to take out a lot of trim.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmoothCustomer

Yeah I ended up getting it. Of course all the trim was off haha. It was just held on by some clips that I didn't really know how they worked. I also had to undo the rear view/sunroof button assembly, the passengers roof handle and both mirrors to get the headliner loose enough to get to the bolts that held those clips on.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned