The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hid question

Brunoboy

I heard the beam shoots everywhere, but im doing it with my 92 headlights, i ordered my kit today.
-shane

Quoting ducktaperacing:
i have a 91 are the headlights ok to do hid kit too?

I would think so.. As I'm getting a HID kit for my 92 also.

thecman02

They work, but it is just plain rude to other motorists because of light scatter. 93's are much better but have bad glare spots too.

boostedinaz

I had HID's in my 93 headlights. It isn't the best way to do it but the 93's are much better candidate than stock 91-92 headlights. With all the prizm shapes in the stock headlights you are going to scatter light like crazy and that will be annoying to other drivers.

Check out this thread for pics of my 93s with HIDs.

What ever you do please please please don't get anything above 6K.

Last edited:

iLLeffeKt vr-4

The best way to do it is to get the projector ones from acura, audi, nissan, bmw, mb, etc and fit those into the 93 headlights. That way you get a nice cut off and you don't blind others on the road.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned