The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

help on cruise control removal, I just got the new cable today

kooter

been looking and will keep looking, but could any one help me out. Trying to find the "how to" on cruise control removal.

mikus

literally all you have to do is
- disconnect throttle cable at throttle body - pull throttle open and remove
- disconnect throttle cable at pedal - there's a yellowish cap that pops forward, and it comes out
- unbolt junk under hood
- reverse for non-cruise cable. you have this I assume?

kooter

just got it today, from the local mitsu for like 30 something bucks. engine and trans are out of the car just wanted to make sure I knew what to do and were to do it.

mikus

It's super super easy. THe only wonky thing is you have to run the cable around the motor - it exits the firewall with the 2-bolt mount plate pointed in the same direction as the one on your CC cable did, loops back around (over the intake typically) and then into the throttle. It's a long route to a destination about a foot away.

jmorri15

couldnt you get a shorter cable if you wanted? correct me if i am wrong but any throttle cable with the right ends should work right?

Terry Posten

There is not a good or easy solution for a shorter cable.

But what you can do is route it under the intake manifold and have it come up to the throttle body instead of over the top of the motor. If routed properly, you really don,t even see it.

Let me see if I can find a picture for you to look at.

Terry Posten

Just follow the red lines to see the non-criuse cable routing that is a much cleaner look.

NickDromez

future reference for anyone else doing this, get the non cruise cable from the junk yard. i got mine for $5 from a non cruise 91 galant and it fit perfect.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned